History of The Belbroughton Recreation Centre ("The Rec")
Belbroughton Recreation Ground was purchased by public subscription at the end of the First World War to provide a better future for new generations. It has been developed and maintained by the work and generosity of the local community as a memorial to the fallen of two World Wars. First opened in 1920 it was at one time the site of Belbroughton Cricket Club, now situated on Hackmans Gate Lane.

The facilities have been enhanced over the years with the creation of a tennis club and the enlargement of the Hall. It remains a thriving centre catering for a wide range of activities for all ages from youth football, tennis, skateboarding and kickboxing to indoor bowls, dog training clubs and parents & toddlers.

The Centre is a registered charity run by a group of trustees on a voluntary basis, all of whom still come from the local community. The Centre and grounds still rely almost exclusively on the generosity of the public through fund raising events such as the annual village Scarecrow Weekend, of which the Centre is an integral part, and the subscriptions of the various user groups.
  • Emergency Contact
  • Camping Prohibited


  • Jubilee Room